By: The New School
We at The New School of Erotic Touch invite you to experience how humans learn sex. Profound embodied learning takes place when we repeat a practice, or massage stroke, mindfully over time. Erotic practice is fun, rewarding and transformational when we use this conscious, focused yoga model of education. Our classes are based on this type of learning.
How to Learn Erotic Touch
Our mission is to help you learn erotic touch. This also means that we help you be fully in your body. Embodied people are good to themselves, good to other people, and good to the planet. Erotic touch is a powerful path to embodiment. You are invited to walk this path with us.
You may wonder: “How is it possible to learn touch and embodiment online? Touch requires real live people. Embodiment requires a real body.” This is a very common concern. However, many students have found our online video education is the first step to profound learning, which then continues after the computer is off. You too can learn what is erotically possible through The New School.
You will not learn erotic massage in an hour. You will not learn erotic massage by watching a DVD or streaming video. You will, however, learn erotic massage by practicing erotic massage, by trying out the strokes, and by paying attention to what it feels like to completely surrender to another’s touch or to completely devote yourself to the pleasure of another. You will learn erotic touch by doing. And doing again. And again. Erotic massage is like yoga, running, or playing an instrument. Erotic massage becomes a part of you. The more you practice, the more naturally and easily it will come, and the more fruits it will bear for you.
A Resource of Expert, Tried and True Instruction
So, again, you might ask: “What am I doing watching video demonstrations if I’m supposed to be practicing?” The New School is a valuable resource for you. More than 40 teachers and over 25,000 students have used and honed the strokes and techniques on this site. We bring to you the result of 25 years of erotic massage research and exploration.
Making Good Use of This Site
There are many excellent ways to make use of this site. Even if you only watch the videos, you are likely to remember something that you can make use of in your love-life. But, if you really want to learn erotic massage, here are some recommendations:
• Before beginning this class, we urge you to consider your intention in taking this course. Let this intention guide your journey and exploration. There are many different reasons why students study erotic massage. You may be here to learn touch skills, to expand your capacity for pleasure, or to deepen intimacy with your lover(s).
• Engage your body as you watch the video class. You may want to move your hands along with the toucher on screen.
• Pay close attention to the giver during one viewing of a clip. Then watch again paying close attention to the receiver. In erotic massage the roles of giver and receiver are separate and distinct. The giver learns to focus on the pleasure of the beloved; and the receiver learns to focus fully and deeply on their own feelings and sensations.
• Watch the video with your lover. When there is a stroke that she or he particularly likes, stop the video and play with that stroke--with variations.
• Some students find it useful to watch a video class with the intention of practicing and learning just two or three strokes. This is a good strategy.
• You will learn more about erotic touch by receiving than by giving. Knowing the feeling that is produced by the touch allows you to consciously offer your partner sensations and feelings rather than just physical touch.
• When you are massaging your lover, ask for feedback: “How does this feel? What would make you feel even better? Does this amount of pressure, or this amount, feel better?”
• Be sure to breathe! Breathing wakes us up and circulates erotic feelings throughout the body. Notice how the givers and receivers in the videos vary their breath. Try out different breathing patterns and see how they feel in your body.
Somatic Education is Embodied Education
Somatic education is a way of learning in the body through awareness and self-directed practice.
1) Somatic education takes place in the body. You will not learn erotic touch by watching a video and thinking about it. You will learn by watching and practicing the strokes, with your body. Embodied learning takes place away from the computer.
2) Somatic learning involves practice over time. No one learns to play an instrument or a sport overnight.
3) Somatic education is self-directed. Our video classes offer you demonstrations, resources, and suggestions, but ultimately you decide what you want to learn, where to place your focus, and how to proceed on your sensuous journey. For some people, self-directed practice comes easily. For others, it is challenging. Learning with someone can make practice more fun.
4) Somatic learning is most effective when done in a communal context. This is especially true of erotic massage. The communal context might be just you and your lover, or it may be an entire community of erotic explorers.
5) Erotic coaches, guides and wise friends can assist you as you direct your erotic massage education. New School faculty are available to coach and support your learning. You can contact Joseph Kramer Ph.D., Isa Magdalena, or Ariadne H. Luya for coaching and/or support.
Erotic Massage can change your life and the lives of your loved ones. Somatic learning is a gift you give your body. The opportunity for an ever-expanding capacity for pleasure is not one to be taken lightly. Watch, learn, practice, and savor, and you will enjoy greater self-knowledge, increased intimacy, and more fun than you ever thought possible. Let the learning begin!